Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Music for a 14 Hour Car Ride

Leave for Boulder tomorrow. Riding out their in a rented minivan with my parents. Since their taste in music is pretty different from mine, and since my dad vetoed audio-books for whatever reason, I took a lot longer than normal to pick out music for the trip and had to delve a bit into guilty pleasure territory. The final album list looks like this:

Beck: Sea Change
Big Bad Voodoo Daddy: Americana Deluxe
Bruce Springsteen: Ghost of Tom Joad
Derek and the Dominoes: Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs
Dessa: A Badly Broken Code*
Explosions in the Sky: All of a Sudden I Miss Everyone*
The Frames: For the Birds
Freezepop: Fancy Ultra Fresh
The Hush Sound: Like Vines
Jack Johnson: Brushfire Fairytales
Jimmy Buffet: Meet me in Margaritaville
The Killers: Hot Fuss
Nickel Creek: This Side
Nobuo Uematsu: Final Fantasy 6 Piano Collections
Reel Big Fish: Cheer Up
Sigur Ros: Agaetis Byrjun
TV on the Radio: Return to Cookie Mountain*
Weezer: The Blue Album
Wilco and Billy Bragg: Mermaid Avenue
Yoko Kanno and the Seatbelts: Selections from the Cowboy Bebop Soundtrack


*Denotes music that will only be listened to if I'm driving.

2 comments:

Vos said...

Music for our trip to Colorado = not so parent friendly at times:

Ke$ha: Animal
TV on the Radio: Dear Science
Snow Patrol: Final Straw
Bright Eyes: Digital Ash in a Digital Urn
We are Scientists Mix
Gucci Mane: the State vs. Radric Davis
Muse: Absolution
The National: Boxer
3OH!3: Want
Newsboys: Shine the Hits
Major Lazer: Guns Don't Kill People...Lazers do!
Owl City: Ocean Eyes
M83: Saturdays = Youth
Lady Gaga Mix
+ some other random mixes and such

Walz said...

Always good to see TVotR. I've listened to Dear Science far more than Cookie Mountain, otherwise it's the default choice. I'm proud to say that I resisted the urge to include some Owl City. Also, hard to go to Boulder without some 3Oh!3 (the only reason I remember my new zip code ;_;).